Tuesday, January 3, 2012

Love is...

Re-reading A Wrinkle in Time right at the start of a New Year got me thinking about love, life, and our reason for being.

I realize how truly blessed I am, and how much love I am surrounded by. The kind of love that, even when I run from it, manages to envelop me and protect me from harm.

I have four beautiful sisters that are the joy of my life, three wonderful parents who guide me through whatever life may bring, and my grandmother who continues to keep me sane no matter how crazy I think my life is getting. I have so many friends, and my inner circle (you know who you are) could not be more supportive. I have a boyfriend who just simply cares, so much, about who I am that I never have to chase after affection or understanding.

In trying to figure out what love is, I realize more and more each day that it cannot be figured or explained, only felt and expressed.

Love is what created us, and it is why we exist.

No comments:

Post a Comment